Sunday, May 10, 2009

A memory that i kept remembering...

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both,
And be one traveler, long I stood,
And looked down one as far as I could,
To where it bent int the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
Because it was grassy, and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both the morning equally lay,
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence;
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

We were taught this in secondary school...it has always been my fave....
I might not understand as much then....but i certainly do now better...
And still wondering....though i know i should not...whether i took the right one....

It hurt...this doubt that I have ...of my own ability.....
and yet again...i wonder....whether the difference that were made....is a good one....or d opposite...

0 comments: